Tired of the protracted Democratic fight for the Presidential nomination? Want to pretend we’re already in the general election phase of the campaign? Why, just head on over to Snopes for a preview of what things will be like six months from now:
- Illinois senator Barack Obama is a “radical Muslim” who “will not recite the Pledge of Allegiance.”
- Barack Obama was sworn into office on the Quran.
- Barack Obama’s church has a “non-negotiable commitment to Africa” that is covertly Muslim and excludes non-blacks.
- Barack Obama’s presidential campaign is being funded by Hugo Chávez.
- Barack Obama has been endorsed for President of the U.S. by the Ku Klux Klan
And lots more.
It’s hard to pick a favorite, but “The Book of Revelation describes the anti-Christ as someone with characteristics matching those of Barack Obama” is definitely in the running:
According to the Book of Revelations the anti-christ is: The anti-christ will be a man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations with persuassive language, and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal.... the prophecy says that people will flock to him and he will promise false hope and world peace, and when he is in power, will destory everything. Is it OBAMA??
I usually dismiss such prophecies out of hand, but this one has me a little unsettled. After all, it has already established its credibility by successfully predicting the religion of Islam, which was founded half a millennium after Revelations was written. (Fun facts: other warnings in Revelations include the failure of the McDLT, the prohibition against putting metal in the microwave, and the cancellation of Firefly after only 14 episodes.)